Tips to help you keep your fees minimised
The following tips will help keep your fees to a minimum:
- Maintain an average deposit balance of $1,000 or more and the monthly Membership Service Fee will not apply. Refer to section 1.2 of SERVICE ONE's Schedule of Fees and Charges for information on other exemptions.
- Bring a mortgage loan to SERVICE ONE. SERVICE ONE's rates are very competitive and Members with an average relationship balance of $125,000 or more are exempt from withdrawal fees, rediATM withdrawal fees, and the Membership Service Fee.
- Maintain deposits of $2,000 or more with SERVICE ONE as all deposit balances will be taken into consideration to calculate the average relationship balance giving an increasing number of free withdrawals and free rediATM withdrawals per month.
- Use rediATMs - there is no Direct Charge when using rediATMs and all Members are eligible for a number of free rediATM withdrawals each month.
- Use Direct Debits as the first five (5) in each month are free for all Members and Members with an average relationship balance of $125,000 or more will receive unlimited free Direct Debits.
- Use eLink or phoneLink to obtain balances and transfer funds between accounts.
- Pay using a Visa Card as these transactions do not attract any transaction fees when you press credit and use a PIN, or when a signature is provided.
- Plan withdrawals - withdraw larger amounts less frequently.
- Use EFTPOS to withdraw cash when purchasing goods or services. This counts as only one transaction.
- Use more of SERVICE ONE's services and get more free withdrawals and more free rediATM withdrawals. The calculation of the average relationship balance takes into consideration the balances on personal loans, car loans, mortgages and any overdrafts as well as term deposits and any other deposits held with SERVICE ONE.
- Always have sufficient cleared funds in accounts to cover all transactions and use an overdraft as a safety net.
- Combine services and save with a Banking Package.
- Eligible concession holders receive three (3) free withdrawals and three (3) free rediATM withdrawals per month and reduced Honour Fees. To maintain this exemption, eligible concession holders must notify SERVICE ONE, at least annually, of their continuing eligibility.
- Eligible FREEstyle Student Account holders should advise SERVICE ONE at least annually of their continuing full-time study arrangements to access their benefits.
NOTE: this information should be read in conjunction with SERVICE ONE's Schedule of Fees and Charges.