SERVICE ONE is committed to ensuring we demonstrate strong social and environmental responsibilities amongst our Members, staff and the wider community. To do this we are focused on:
- Raising awareness of our social and environmental responsibility among staff, Members, leadership, suppliers and the wider community.
- Ensuring that as we support our Members in the achievement of financial wellness, the services we provide do not have harmful social or environmental costs.
- Adopting policies and programs that address specific areas of our social and environmental responsibilities and consider the needs of our stakeholder groups including Members, Employees, Community, Environment and Suppliers.
- Maintaining transparency in all that we do.
For our Members, this means we will:
- Provide clear information to on the direct and indirect social and environmental implications of purchasing, investing and borrowing decisions.
- Ensure transparent governance practices and reporting.
- Facilitate Member support for SERVICE ONE community activities.
- Engage Members in the ongoing development of our Corporate Social Responsibility policies, practices and programs.
For our Employees, we will:
- Provide them with a safe environment that supports a healthy lifestyle, one that recognises the value of family and supports balance in our lives.
- Give them the freedom to express their ideas and opinions openly and honestly and then respect those ideas and opinions.
- Engage them in personal development programs.
- Ensure, through our human resources policies and practices that the relationship between SERVICE ONE and staff is that of shared responsibility and shared success.
In our Communities, we will:
- Engage the communities in which we live, jointly developing long-term, strategic, community programs and initiatives.
- Provide resources to support the charities and organizations within our communities that make them a better place to live, work and play.
For our Environment, we will:
- Identify our direct and indirect environmental impacts and develop programs to manage them.
- Benchmark against other, similar organisations and initiate reporting and knowledge sharing relationships.
- Exceed basic compliance with all environmental legislation and regulation, and strive to continually improve our performance.
With our Suppliers, we will:
- Ensure that we have open communication with our suppliers.
- Evaluate suppliers against our published CSR standards.
- Support suppliers who do not meet our criteria by providing information and guidance.
- Where possible, give priority to local suppliers of goods and services.